Planning your websiteWhen searching for anything, 82% of people look online first. That's why having a website is the smartest way to network and to expand a business.
Good planning lays the foundation for a successful website, and only you can decide how you want your website to look and function.
- Do I have a host and domain name?learn about this. If you'd like, Stylistic Web will set up a host and domain for your website. Some find this part confusing, while others prefer to do it themselves.
- How many pages should my website have?learn about this. The amount of content your website will have determines how many pages we'll need to create. If you don't know the exact number, this can be determined during the design process. A rough estimate is good to have.
- Do I have specific colors in mind? The theme and colors for your website can reflect your existing business collateral, or you can choose a few you like. If you have no preference, that's fine too.
- Do I have a preferred layout for my websitelearn about this. If you have a vision as to how you website should look, let us know. Your layout will determine where certain items (such as a banner, menu, content, images, etc.) will appear.
- How do I want my website's menu to look?learn about this. Some website do great with a standard menu while others require a dropdown menu. The menu serves as a map for your website's visitors, so it's important to give this part some thought.
- Does my website require any custom features?learn about this. Some websites need to do more than just display text and images. Let us know if your website needs to contain any Flash, image galleries, email forms, or anything else you have in mind.
- What are some websites I admire? Some people need a website, but have absolutely no idea how they want it to look. By browsing though some websites that you like, you can determine what features stand out to you.